Friday, January 16, 2009

Catching up!

Catching up with photos....Here are some pictures from our Christmas 2008.


Maryann got a camouflage skirt that she was very happy about!

Mom loved the little manger scene she got!

Since we let the dogs in the living room while we opened presents, Carrie had to watch the festivities from a safe distance.


Early Dec - I went to NC to help Becky move out of her apartment. On my way back to NY, I stopped off in Gettysburg, PA. What an amazing place! I wish I had had more time to explore, but I only had about an hour to drive around.

Small grave marker. To be honest, this is the only single grave marker I saw there. This poor guy must have done something really important to get his own grave marker. The rest were large monuments to entire brigades that had fallen or done something significant during the 3-day battle.

A long wooden fence along one of the many large farm fields there.

One of many canons and still-standing houses in the battle field.

A lone tree and many monuments.

Smokey Mountain National Park

It is very obvious once you enter the Smokies why they would have thought to call the mountains that...

As I was driving home, I drove through an area that had been hit with an ice storm the night before. The sun was out and made for very intense pictures.

As I drove up through the Smokies, I drove for a ways along the Blue Ridge Parkway and took some fun images with my lens baby.

THANKSGIVING, 2008

I know they say tryptophan is supposed to make you sleepy, but my 92 year old grand mother was quite the entertainer after dinner.



While everyone was home for Thanksgiving, I got to photograph my good friends Chris and Scott's family.


No comments:

JHP

JHP
www.JenniferHPhoto.com

About Me

My photo
Denver, CO, United States
Jennifer is an ex-Navy pilot turned photographer. She currently resides in Denver, CO.